I would like to start by saying that the first class of Metaphysics 101 went better than I expected, and would like to thank everyone who attended the class. I know that I lost some of you on the topic and the first class may have been a little confusing for some, but that is why I think the class went great. There are several reasons for that.
First and foremost. Because the topic of Metaphysics is so large and somewhat confusing, it is important to give a base view of the whole picture. We are talking about how the Multiverse works and how you can directly influence it. Not just the how of magick, but the why it works and what magick is. With that knowledge, We can craft better actions and receive better results. We will go into more details about these concepts in later classes.
#2 Because this topic is so large, I needed to find out where the class was on your understanding of the topic, and you needed to know where I stood. Testing the waters, so to speak. Now knowing this, we may craft a better class to get better results.
#3 This class is for knowledge, and knowledge can take you out of your comfort zone. I know that during the classes, you are absorbing the knowledge from the class, and it will take days, if not weeks to digest all of this and form questions. This is what this discussion group is for. Comment below your questions, and we will take a crack at answering them. All of us. Please remember that you have experience and insight that no one else has, so you will only add to the groups understanding of the topic. We all have something we can add. And most importantly, the only wrong question is the unasked question.
#4 I see the need for handouts and thought experiments, so I will start providing these materials in the class. I also encourage you to take notes so you can look these things up yourself. The ability to research and verify information for yourself may be one of the most powerful tools at your disposal. Trust but verify.
#5 This is the first time I have taught anything in a classroom setting. So, like you, there will be a learning curve for me as well. Please help me out by giving me direct feedback on this class. One of the goals in this class is to design a workbook to help future students with this class. By your participation, you are helping to write this workbook.
#6 My goal is to provide the best form of education for my students. I have structured the claas like a collage course, complete with assignment and final project. There will be no grade for the class, for only you will know what you get out of the class. It is not up to me to judge your understanding of the class. There will be a certificate of completion for those who take all of the classes, participated in the discussion groups and completes the projects. You will also gain a support group that has a similar understanding of the topic. Whatever you do with it is up to you.
So let the fun begin… ask away… let me know what you think…
It's often the simple things that get us through life and help us to change our perspective. It's also true that the simple things are really easy to forget.
We forget to play.
We forget to be happy.
We forget to love.
What's more, we often don't even realize that we forget to do these things!
Check out these ideas to rejuvenate and balance your emotions, finding new joy in the process.
Use these ideas to help get you off on the right path to start your journey to a brighter life.
What else would you add to this list?
1) Arrow: Using it to find your way when you’ve stepped off a path, honoring Athena or Diana, to cast a circle or replace a wand or even bringing love your way.
2) Battery: Way to store energy, replacing a candle, balance and decision making processes spells, or a “jump start” on new projects.
3) Beehive: Fertility and abundance spells, industriousness and harmony of the home and community.
4) Buttons: Binding spells, chakra balancing, knot magic or pendulum or poppet parts
5) Calculator: Using a calculator in spells that involve finances and prosperity as well as quick numerology results or even for Kaballah.
6) Cheese Grater: using in banishing rituals, to grate herbs and candle wax, eliminating obstacles, and even cooking
7) Dog Biscuit: Consider using them for magical workings involving animals, loyalty, prosperity, or work with canine deities.
8) DVD: Upcycled candle plates, prisms, protection magick, or even reflect moonlight into a dark place.
9) Forks: Meditative tools or substitute as a wand or athame, or represent deities who hold tridents in their hands
10) Peanut Butter and Jelly: Spell works involving protections especially when it deals with children as well as offerings to the Fae or deities in your tradition. Use for abundance, change and making things stick.
11) Rain Boots: Using rain boots for gardening/harvesting rituals, protection and celebration and even to avoid a surprise pregnancy.
12) Snakeskin: Use as an ingredient in a Witch’s Bottle, for spells involving growth and transformation, or to eliminate a bad habit from your life.
13) Salt and Pepper Shakers: Banishing and protection rituals, representations of the God and Goddess or a bride and groom. Or even casting a circle.
14) Socks: Filling them with herbs, crystals and incense, turning them into poppets, or even a protection ritual
15) String: Binding, casting a circle, protection, releasing negativity
16) Sweetgum Balls: Protections, fertility, or even the representation of the element of Earth on your altar
17) Toilet Paper: Casting a circle, flushing away negativity and negative energy, or making an Oak King doll.
18) Toothbrush: Scrub away negative energy during a cleansing ritual, cleaning out one’s mouth to stop spiteful talk or an impromptu wand
19) Toy Cars: Protection spells for travelers and kids, use as a representation of the various elements, and even a pick me up ritual when you are feeling down.
20) Wrench: Use in bindings or releasing, for healing spells or even to represent sacred masculine image.
As daunting of a task as this may be, if you can stay organized this is actually quite relaxing and it does get your creative juices flowing. There is NO RIGHT OR WRONG way to make a BOS, it is a reflection of YOU and YOUR path or practice. You could make it as decorative as you'd like if you're highly creative but it doesn't have to be. Its up to your preferences and what you like. This is just a basic list of what could be included into your BOS. (I am a bit OCD and like to print my pages off and put them in page protectors and then into the correct section in a binder.) Again, it's what works for you and your own personal preference! What else would you add to this list?
Ideas of what to put into a BOS:
~ A Dedication ( if you feel you need one)
~ A Book Blessing
~ Laws of your coven or tradition
~ Magickal Alphabet
~ Gods/Goddesses of your personal pantheon
~ Moon Phases ( Esbats) and Sabbats
~ Wheel of the Year
~ Crystals/ Stones
~ Casting a Circle
~ Divination ( Tarot, Oracle, Pendulum, Runes)
~ Magickal Recipes ( Foods, Drinks, Oils, Incenses, Potions, ect)
~ Spell Workings
~ Spells and Rituals
~ Magickal Holidays